Options for Brazilians to Immigrate to the United States

As we head into summer, Brazil should be giddy with anticipation about the Rio Olympics.  However, the spiraling economy, violence, and Zika outbreak has instead caused many around the world to think twice about traveling to Brazil.  It has also caused many Brazilians to consider their options on moving to another country, including the United States.  Like citizens of many countries, Brazilians have several options on moving to the United States:


  • Marriage-Based Green Cards:  If you are married to a U.S. Citizen, your spouse can sponsor you for a Green Card
  • K-1 Fiancé Visa:  If you are engaged to a U.S. Citizen, your fiancé can sponsor you for a K-1 visa that would allow you to travel to the United States to get married and apply for a green card
  • Family-Based Green Cards:  If you have a U.S. Citizen sibling, parent or child, you can be sponsored for a green card
  • LGBT & Same Sex Marriage Green Cards:  U.S. citizens in LGBT or same sex marriages can sponsor their foreign spouses for green cards or a K-1 visa
  • Investor EB-5 Green Card:  If you invest $500,000 or $1 million into a U.S. Business, you could qualify for an EB-5 green card
  • Work Visas:  There are several work visa categories available, including the H-1B, O-1, or L-1 visa
  • School:  If you are accepted into a U.S. School, you may be able to get an F-1 student visa

If you are a citizen of Brazil looking to immigrate to the United States, the immigration law firm of Maximilian Law Inc. can evaluate your options.