E-1 Treaty Trader Visa

E-1 Treaty Trader Visa

Citizens of a treaty country are eligible for an E-1 treaty trader visa

Only citizens of countries that have a treaty with the United States are eligible for an E-1 treaty trader visa. Click here to find out if you are a citizen of a treaty country.

E-1 Treaty Trader Visa

The E-1 treaty investor visa allows a national of a treaty country to enter the United States solely to engage in international trade on his or her own behalf. Certain employees of such treaty trader or of a qualifying organization may also be eligible for E-1 status. To qualify, the treaty trader must be a national of a country with which the United States maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation, and must carry on substantial trade principally between the United States and the country of the E-1 holder’s citizenship. E-1 visas are initially granted for up two two years, and may be extended in two year increments for an indefinite period of time.

E-1 Employees

To qualify as an E-1 employee, the individual must be the same nationality of the principal E-1 treaty investor, meet the definition of “employee,” and either be engaging executive or supervisory duties, or possess special qualifications. Special qualifications are skills which make the E-1 employee’s services essential to the efficient operation of the business. Examples include: the degree of proven expertise in the E-1 employee’s area of operations; whether others possess the employee’s specific set of skills; the salary or remuneration that the special qualifications can command; and whether the skills and qualifications are readily available in the United States.

Our E-1 Treaty Trader Visa Legal Services

Our services include: assessing whether the applicant meets the criteria to qualify as an E-1 treaty trader under the appropriate regulations; filing the petition and all supporting evidence at a U.S. consulate abroad or through USCIS; and preparing the applicant for the E-1 interview.